ISS, A Polaris Alpha Company has emerged as a leader in the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) domain. From pure research to directly supporting space operations, our space programs are firmly focused on maintaining US space superiority through cutting-edge enterprise computing expertise and SSA domain knowledge; these allow ISS Polaris Alpha to architect robust solutions tailored to real-world operational requirements.
The focus of this work is on-site support of ISS projects and customers at the Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC).
*This position will require shift work to include night or weekend duty hours.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
• Hardware support – Immediate response to hardware issues to include but not limited to switch, hard drive, Storage Area Network (SAN), Gateway Security Appliance and power failures.
• Software support – Debug software problems. Install software patches and upgrades.
• System maintenance – Monitor system components for issues. Ensure mission critical data backups are performed. Conduct scheduled periodic preventive maintenance and system restores as required. Review audit logs and database tables. Support life cycle management coordination/deployment.
• System configuration – Modify XML files and other components to reflect network configuration requirements, user roles and debugging information. Maintain and update network and hardware configuration diagrams. Support XMPP & IRC integration.
• Account Management - Creates, manages and issues JMS user accounts in concert with network user role accesses. Ensure integrity of account form management process.
• Information assurance – monitor system access logs for abnormalities, support IA control requirements, review and report on required security lockdowns.
• Operations Training & Support – provide new and delta training for JMS users. Facilitates and supports any required delta training artifacts during system upgrades and coordination between government entities. Respond to all related user requests and suggestions.
• Event support – Provides maintenance support and acts as liaison to military/other contractors during site visits to deploy or upgrade mission systems. Assist in coordinating meetings at the JSpOC, visitor support and other logistics.
You will be working on projects including the JSpOC Mission System (JMS), and other associated programs. Join our team and leave work every day with the satisfaction that comes from supporting our warfighters on a personal basis.