Polaris Alpha is a highly technical industry leader uniquely positioned to address customers’ most complex challenges across the full spectrum of air, land, sea, cyber and space domains. ISS, A Polaris Alpha Company, provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer’s needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. ISS develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures.
In this role, you will provide knowledge engineering support to USSOUTHCOM leadership and analysts by ensuring that relevant data is available at their fingertips. The Common Awareness Architecture provides visibility into Planning, Intelligence, Operations and Assessment data to support cooperation across USSOUTHCOM teams. The analyst’s duties include, but are not limited to data focused tasks consisting of data entry, quality assurance, historical data clean ups, and data deconfliction. The analyst is expected to become a subject matter expert (SME) in the data itself, as well as in the use of supporting systems such as the Common Awareness Architecture Tool, WebTAS, SharePoint, and the Capacity Building Dashboard.
• Ensure data is properly entered and tagged to support analytics
• Assist in the collation of raw subject data from various intelligence databases and information sources
• Perform data import processes
• Act as liaisons between USSOUTHCOM J2 and the organizations acting as data providers and consumers
• Help identify missing sources of data and support their integration into the Common Awareness Architecture
• Provide user training in use of the Common Awareness Architecture and Capacity Building Dashboard tools