Polaris Alpha (formerly ISS) provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customers' needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. Polaris Alpha develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures. No job is too large or too small.
In this position, the Field Support Representative (FSR) will be supporting the Combined Information Data Network Exchange (CIDNE), Web-enabled Temporal Analysis System (WebTAS) and International Distributed Unified Reporting Environment (INDURE) software products for a customer in Japan while being a member of a team based in Hawaii.
The focus of this work is understanding customer information challenges, identifying how our software can address the challenges, and implementation of the software to include assisting with creation of standard operating procedures and business rules.
Additionally, the FSR is expected to train the use of our software to support theater reporting processes and to help automate data visualization and inferential reasoning for several government customers. Specific tasks include development of training materials, data entry, providing instruction in a classroom and desk-side sessions, and supporting requirements development for system enhancements.
The FSR will be expected to fully understand and train a diverse set of web-based tools, including, but not limited to, capabilities to support mission planning and execution, then interpretation of that data to assist with future planning.
Duties of the Field Service Representative include:
• Collect, understand, document and review customer requirements, data sources and infrastructure, to identify potential use of Polaris Alpha products and services.
• Provide tactical and strategic training and support on Polaris Alpha-installed products and services.
• Analyze and provide recommendations for system architectures, analysis processes, third party applications and operator interfaces.
• Create and manage project plans for the integration, configuration, and maintenance of Polaris Alpha hardware and products at customer sites.
• Support customer decision-makers in developing strategic plans, identifying funding sources, and provide technical support to meet their organizational goals with regard to Polaris Alpha products and services.
• Serve as a corporate representative for communicating Polaris Alpha capabilities and service offerings to organizations and associated partners.
• Serve as a user advocate within the Polaris Alpha product enhancement process.
• Provide expertise in Polaris Alpha products, customer-specific business processes and infrastructure, software systems development, system integration, database administration, or network engineering.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information or disability status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.