Polaris Alpha (“Polaris”) provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. The Company has approximately 1,100 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA as well as customer sites both domestically and internationally. Polaris Alpha is a highly technical industry leader uniquely positioned to address customers’ most complex challenges across the full spectrum of air, land, sea, cyber and space domains.
This position is in the Technical Services Department, and is focused on providing the II MEF with an experienced cyber security professional with a strong background in network security. This professional must qualify and obtain a U.S. Top Secret/SCI security clearance. This position requires an active Department of Defense level security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic who can thrive in a fast-paced environment employing agile methodologies. Travel may be required.
• As a part of cyber operations, this person must work with surveillance, reporting and network management systems. Duties can include advising readiness of capabilities, status reports, and evaluation results.
• Will evaluate the operational readiness of communications, sensors, intrusion detection, and related support equipment.
• Will coordinate with other operators performing control and surveillance of network activities.
• Will work to protect data and network systems in ways of passive defense measures such as firewalls.
• Must be able to interpret directives into specific guidance and procedures for operator actions and develop and execute operation plans.
• Contributes cyber-related input to CONOPS and TTPs. Supports implementation of cyber/network security requirements consistent with II MEF IW Cyber Security COE.
• Interfaces with the II MEF G-2, MIG, G-6, and C2CoreCyber team at 2d MAW to establish CONOPS and TTPs for use of C2 Core Cyber across II MEF and subordinate units.
• Interfaces with the II MEF G-Staff to identify end-user systems, networks, and communication equipment vulnerabilities and maintenance requirements and ensure that information is properly cataloged and coordinated within the 2d MAW C2CoreCyber for effective and efficient resolution of technical issues.
• Provides detailed query metrics and reports from 2d MAW C2CoreCyber to II MEF staff for cyber operations and status.
• Must understand cyber operation laws.
This field requires knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, software, databases, and programming languages. It is essential the candidate understand networking fundamentals, networking protocols, network addressing and infrastructure, telecommunications theory and data communications. Must be proficient on wireless networking as well as delivery to personal wireless devices; also must understand and apply cryptography, including utilization and exploitation techniques.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information or disability status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.