Polaris Alpha is a highly technical industry leader uniquely positioned to address customers’ most complex challenges across the full spectrum of air, land, sea, cyber and space domains. Polaris Alpha provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer’s needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. We develop sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures.
Polaris Alpha is seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager to join the Polaris Alpha team at our corporate office in Colorado Springs, Colorado. As a member of the Applied Research division, you will support the development of new commercial products. Successful candidates are those who define product requirements and user stories utilizing a big picture product view while diligently attending to detail. This person serves as the conduit between customers, business stakeholders and technical teams, ensuring common understanding of product needs.
• Work closely with engineering, product management and other business stakeholders in the definition of product features
• Collect customer, sales, product marketing and engineering input for the development of technical requirements and product priorities
• Identify customer needs, prioritize features and develop the program vision and roadmap
• Collaborate with and guide engineering development teams (e.g., product manager in agile) ensuring customer requirements are well prioritized, correctly implemented and validated
• Effectively manage trade-offs between business benefit and cost/schedule/scope
• Develop training materials for new features for internal audiences such as customer support, professional services, and channel partners
• Be the point person for sales engineering questions as well as online community forums
• Maintain a technical working relationship with technology partners
• Represent products at customer and partner events and tradeshows
• Work across entire product line life cycle, from strategic planning to day-to-day product ownership activities to product release